The added weight of the kit will make the entire exercise to become tougher which is perfect for gaining high-level body strength, stamina, and endurance. Extra calories will be burnt and your dog can maintain ideal body weight. The added weight of the kit can offer mental challenge and turn the walk even more intense.
But it isn't quite as easy as just going to an online dog grooming shop and buying a dog backpack. There are so many things you need to keep in mind while shopping a backpack for your pup. Here's how to get started.
- Always buy dog backpack according to the size of your puppy.
- Only buy backpacks that are durable and made of water-resistant and breathable materials.
- Closely look the padding of the backpack especially to the areas such as chest and back.
- The backpack has to be comfortable without any sharp material used in it.
- Try to be particular about the color of the kit. If you are willing to take your barker with you in a jungle or for hiking, a bright color backpack can prove really useful for locating him from distance.
- Check the pockets of the backpack and make sure they are stitched properly.
- According to the dog training experts, try to make it appear that it is not a big deal and turn the entire event as light as possible.
- Introduce your furry friend with it slowly and make him accustomed to it.
- Make the exercise fun with a backpack by putting his favorite food in it.
- Reward your canine for wearing it every time, he will feel excited about the reward and easily put it on.
- You can keep his favorite toy in the backpack to engage his attention to it.
- Provide your pup time to adjust to the new weight and develop the muscles to deal with the backpack.
- Make it a routine to wear it so that he will not treat it as something totally alien.